2002 Ford Ranger consumer reviews

$12,565–$xix,495 MSRP range

side view of 2002 Ranger Ford

88% of drivers recommend this machine

Rating breakdown (out of 5):

  • Comfort 3.ix
  • Interior design iv.1
  • Performance 4.iii
  • Value for the money 4.four
  • Outside styling 4.v
  • Reliability four.6

Best investment

I bought my truck 13 years agone and it started breaking down in the past two years. From alternator, to O2 sensors and catalytic converters, and just now water pump, belt, and heater coil but to proper name a few. It has 209,000 miles. It is nevertheless running though. Replacing broken,old parts with new ones

Show full review

Virtually reliable truck ever

I actually love this truck. I have to say that this is the simply vehicle used that never permit me down. Information technology was given to me from a family member. 2002 4*four, xlt cab i.5 doors four.0L with transmission manual. I really apply this truck like a horse for work and going places. It has great driving feedback, lots of power decent gas mileage for 4.0 and amazing reliability. On few occasions i pushed newer broken down Toyota's off the main road.

Show full review

Good reliable get-go truck!

This truck met all my wants, dreams, and fifty-fifty my needs. Great truck for the price! I have ever dreamed of having a Ford Ranger!

Bear witness total review

This truck has been an crawly truck for me.

This truck is difficult to beat. I've had no problem at all other than normal maintenance. It now has 73,000 miles and still looks and drives like a brand new truck. This truck is not going anywhere.

Show total review

Ranger FX4 is totally equipped for serious offroad

Phenomenal for off road. Unfortunately, after 2002 Ford no longer offered the same heavier equipment. So only 2002 FX4 and 2003 FX4 Level II have this capability. Ford just put the label on the later years, but none of the same equipment.

Show full review

Good truck with a very dependable engine

I take the iv.0 in mine and has been a great engine. Mine has 215 chiliad miles and still runs not bad and doesn't fire any oil. I've done normal maintence like fluid changes regularly and take replaced components similar wheel bearings, shocks, water pump, thermostat, valve embrace gaskets and a few other small things. This is expected with any loftier mileage 16 yr quondam vehicle. Overall the reliability has been great. The four bike drive works awesome in the snow and engine has plenty of power and tows a four thousand pound trailer well. I really have fallen in love with this truck and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a nifty reliable mid sized truck.

Testify total review

Great truck, will fit in my garage !!, dependable.

Purchased in 2002 but earlier I retired. Currently (2019) information technology has 44K miles. I had the transmission rebuilt and replaced the fuel pump. The XLT has a 4.0L engine, extra cab configuration. Not very skilful gas mileage and the ride is a little rough. I expect the truck will be around long afterwards I am gone !!!

Evidence total review

Very durable and useful machine

I had this car through college and the beginning of my career. I accept traveled across the land multiple times with no problems. This is the well-nigh reliable car I accept e'er had.

Show full review

Swell Truck!

This was the 2nd best truck I?ve owned, only behind my new F-150. These things were built to last and I sold it to my neighbour who?s however driving it today!

Show full review

The old saying "Ford=fixed or repaired daily" is a

Information technology's okay but there's always something going on and gotta replace something.since I've owned it I replaced control arms,ball joints ,bushings, stabilizer links,leaf springs,leaf hanger brackets,fuel pump,water pump,timing chain and gears at 102k miles, pulley tensioner,entire rear brake assembly,front pads twice in 30k miles then rotors n one caliper n a few brake lines,radiator n thermostat, battery n one cable,all new hoses n belts, exhaust leak problems had to cut all bolted joint sections out and welding pipes, replaced muffler twice ,charged a/c twice, tires, replaced all of the trans fluid almost 2gallons,replaced all the differential fluid, many gaskets replaced because of leaks. and I nevertheless have a few other things it seems like information technology never ends some is general maintenance but alot isnt. I've only put 43k miles on it since I've gotten information technology . I only call back information technology's much. My 79ford Thunderbird never had issues why can't they make em similar that anymore ?

Evidence full review